Mold is like a silent intruder in your home, silently causing harm to your body without you even realizing it. But just like with any intruder, knowledge is power. In this article, we’ll uncover the three most common types of mold and the specific ways they can harm your health.
Molds are natural organisms (fungi) that grow wherever there is moisture and high temperatures, such as in places with leaks or inadequate ventilation. They can appear as black spots on surfaces, threads, or fluffy colonies. There are many types of molds, each producing its own special blend of toxins and other compounds, which may be harmful to humans when breathed into the lungs. Mold can cause allergies and infections if you inhale or touch them with your skin. If you have asthma or allergies to molds, they may make it worse.
Mold can grow on almost any organic material, including food, wood, paper, carpeting, and even your skin. They’re usually too small for us to see with our eyes or even notice when we breathe them into our lungs. However, if there’s too much moisture in an area where these fungi grow (like under a leaky roof), it could potentially lead to serious health issues if inhaled regularly. The growths that molds produce are called spores, and they form on almost any surface that has the right conditions for growing. In fact, you can find them in damp areas like your kitchen or bathroom and even in your home’s air supply.
Molds are everywhere, with the potential to cause allergies and respiratory problems. Fortunately, there are 3 types of molds that live within the human body and harm it when some molds start to grow on your food or in your home. Mold is divided into three main categories, and each has different health effects.
Aspergillus, an allergen that is often found in foods, can cause serious health risks for people with allergies. It is also associated with food-borne illness and is very dangerous in some situations. Aspergillus is a fungus that grows on plants and food. This is a type of mold that is found indoors and outdoors. It can grow on vegetables, trees, and other food products if they are left out in the open for too long. Aspergillus is a common allergen. It is usually not harmful to humans but people with weakened immune systems or allergies may be at risk for health problems.
People with immune systems compromised most especially children with food allergies or cancer or those taking steroid medications are at higher risk. Aspergillus mold most commonly affects people of all ages.
Stachybotrys Chartarum is a toxic mold found in American households. The germ is said to be one of the most dangerous molds found in America due to its ability to produce mycotoxins that damage your health, especially the immune system. Stachybotrys chartarum is a type of mold that’s more commonly known as the black mold. It grows on material that’s high in cellulose, like wood and paper products (including cardboard).
Stachybotrys chartarum is a type of mold that is highly toxic and potentially fatal to humans. It is commonly found inside homes, commercial buildings, and other structures. Stachybotrys chartarum grows on wet materials. While it can be easier to identify it by simply looking with the naked eye, the presence of it in your home may mean there’s a problem with your ventilation system or an area where water has been allowed to sit for some time.
Black mold can cause respiratory problems such as allergies, asthma attacks, and lung infections. It has also been known to cause skin irritation and rashes. In addition to these immediate effects on your body, black mold exposure can also cause nausea and vomiting. If you’re experiencing any of these symptoms after being exposed to black mold or have been diagnosed with a chronic illness that may be related to black mold exposure (such as asthma), it’s important that you see your doctor immediately.
If you live in a humid climate, take steps to prevent mold from growing. In the event of a flood or other water damage, remove any contaminated materials as soon as possible. If you do decide to leave the building, be sure to turn off ventilation fans and air conditioners so that moisture does not build up inside the home.
If you experience an infestation in your home, hire a professional for removal services. They will use special equipment designed to get rid of all types of mold spores without disrupting their growth cycle before they can contaminate other areas of your home or office building.
Request a reliable, professional inspection and indoor quality test.
Cladosporium is a mold that can trigger asthma in susceptible people and those with allergies. The Cladosporium mold is common in low-growing organic matter, such as decomposing vegetation and animal waste. This type of mold is mostly found outdoors in the soil and on plants and trees. The spores are also common indoors and tend to grow in damp areas, such as shower stalls and bathroom walls. Cladosporium can also grow on materials like fabrics, paper products, leather, and ceiling tiles. It can also grow on non-porous surfaces such as plastic or metal.
Cladosporium is not as toxic as black mold, but it can still cause health problems. This type of mold produces spores that spread through the air and affect your lungs when you breathe them in. Symptoms include runny nose, sneezing, coughing, and congestion.
If you’re not careful, you could find yourself with several health problems. Some of the most common physical symptoms are:
If you have an allergy to this type of mold, you may experience these symptoms:
You can also develop asthma as a result of exposure to Cladosporium spores.
We’re licensed, insured, certified, and 100% focused on mold and air quality
The greatest issue posed by mold is its prevalence. Mold colonies are likely to exist in your home, and their presence can create serious health hazards. Proper control of mold growth demands a thorough understanding of what molds are, how they grow and spread, the severity of their effects on human health, and how best to defeat them.
Here are ways to keep them out of your home:
In conclusion, mold is a serious health concern for those likely to have asthma. While there are many types of mold that are considered toxic, some are more harmful than others. If you suspect that your home may have mold growing in it, it’s best to contact a professional for help with testing or removal. You can also use products like bleach and vinegar to get rid of any visible signs of the problem before it’s too late.
5013 SW 42nd Street
Palm City, FL 34990
Mon-Sat: 8 am – 7 pm ET
653 West 23rd Street, Suite 151
Panama City, FL 32401
Mon-Sat: 8 am – 7 pm CT